Powered by Blogger.

Contact

   



Blog Archive

Labels

Translate

Monday, December 2, 2013

25 Days of Christmas Movies - Day 3 - Die Hard


For Day 3 of 25 Days of Christmas Movies I chose Die Hard (1988). 

I know what you’re thinking…Die Hard? A Christmas movie? You bet! Remember, the entire criminal plot was foiled because super cop John McClane was traveling to LA to see his wife for Christmas. There are so many awesome things about this movie. Bruce Willis in a star-making role, the deliciously evil Hans (I’ve never been able to see Alan Rickman as anything other than an oily criminal.), Sgt. Powell down on the street. I love that the entire movie takes place in one building. It adds to the claustrophobic feeling of being trapped. (Unlike the later installments where entire cities are used.) I love that McClane and the cop on the ground can only communicate via walk-talkies. It’s just a great ride. The perfect action movie, with some of the best one-liners ever.

McClane: "Come out to the coast, we'll get together, have a few laughs…"


Supervisor: [as McClane tries to call up police] Attention, whoever you are, this channel is reserved for emergency calls only.
McClane: No s**t, lady. Does it sound like I'm ordering a pizza?

Hans: Who are you then?
McClane: Just a fly in the ointment, Hans. The monkey in the wrench. The pain in the a**.

Hans: …You have me at a loss. You know my name, but who are you? Just another American who saw too many movies as a child? Another orphan of a bankrupt culture who thinks he's John Wayne? Rambo? Marshal Dillon?
McClane: Was always kinda partial to Roy Rogers, actually. I really like those sequined shirts.
Hans: Do you really think you have a chance against us, Mr. Cowboy?

McClane: Yippee-ki-yay, mother--.

Tell my you don't love this movie!


Enjoys a FREE Christmas book FINDING YOU AT CHRISTMAS just by signing up for my newsletter. Along with the free book, you'll get updates on new releases, contests, giveaways & more!

0 comments: