Powered by Blogger.

Contact

   



Blog Archive

Labels

Translate

Thursday, December 5, 2013

25 Days of Christmas Movies – Day 6 – The Polar Express

For Day 6 I chose The Polar Express (2004) based on the best selling children’s book by Chris Van Allsburg. The story follows a group of children traveling on a train to the North Pole to see Santa Claus. It was created using motion capture computer animation.

Here’s a confession. I like the story, but I find the movie itself pretty creepy. Maybe it’s the computer-animated faces or the fact that Tom Hanks plays like 18 different characters. The entire sequence in the North Pole is all kinds of creepy. It’s also one of the more melancholy movies as it’s about growing up and losing the belief in Santa and the true Christmas spirit. It’s all symbolized by a bell from the North Pole, which only children can hear.

"At one time, most of my friends could hear the bell, but as years passed, it fell silent for all of them. Even Sarah found one Christmas that she could no longer hear its sweet sound. Though I've grown old, the bell still rings for me, as it does for all who truly believe."


Enjoys a FREE Christmas book FINDING YOU AT CHRISTMAS just by signing up for my newsletter. Along with the free book, you'll get updates on new releases, contests, giveaways & more!




0 comments: