Powered by Blogger.

Contact

   



Blog Archive

Labels

Translate

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

25 Days of Christmas Movies - Day 12 - How the Grinch Stole Christmas


It’s Throwback Thursday so for Day 12 of 25 Days of Christmas Movies I’m going with the trend and throwing it back to my childhood with today’s pick: How The Grinch Stole Christmas (1966 animated version). First, I must gush for a moment over the genius that was Dr. Seuss. I am a writer, but what Theodor Geisel managed to do with words is nothing short of magical.

And what can I say about this absolutely perfect interpretation of his classic story? The Grinch who hates Christmas so much that he tries to stop it…by stealing everything from Whoville. And in the end, it didn’t matter because (as maybe some have forgotten) Christmas is not about STUFF but about PEOPLE. It’s about love and generosity and giving. Plus, it has the voice of Boris Karloff. Plus plus, it has the music and that brilliant, unforgettable, awesome song.

Sing it with me…. “You’re a mean one, Mr. Grinch...”


Watch it again this year and I bet your heart will grow two sizes as well.


Enjoys a FREE Christmas book FINDING YOU AT CHRISTMAS just by signing up for my newsletter. Along with the free book, you'll get updates on new releases, contests, giveaways & more!


0 comments: